Tax Senior Accountant
The Tax Senior reports to the Tax Manager and works closely with the other Tax Associates in the department. The position is responsible for the preparation of complex tax returns and assisting staff with questions, including ensuring all federal and state income tax returns are prepared timely and accurately and in compliance with applicable laws. The position may also entail 1099 year-end tax information reporting, personal property return, business license (gross receipts) return, sales and use tax returns, and other compliance work related to clients’ business activities.
- Tax return preparation: Prepare complex corporate, fiduciary (complex, grantor, simple and split-interest), gift, individual, partnership and private foundation tax returns, including preparation of work papers and lead sheets; preparation of tax projections and related estimated payments; analyze client information and offer recommendations for reducing client tax liabilities; perform tax research.
- Assist in preparation of our clients’ various compliance returns such as 1099 year-end tax information reporting; monthly or quarterly sales tax reports; annual business license and personal property tax returns.
- Stay current on latest tax law changes. Take advantage of continuing education opportunities.
- Assist with general administrative functions of the Tax Department.
- Special projects, as necessary, including assisting staff with research projects.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in tax preparation.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Quick Books.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management, client administration, portfolio managers and high-net-worth clients.
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work over-time (including weekends) when necessary.
- Strong client service focus. Responsive to needs of colleagues and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Must be thorough and accurate.
- High integrity with a strong work ethic.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- CPA not required but it would be expected that you are working towards this goal.
What You’ll Get with RFS: RFS is passionate about serving our clients and is dedicated to being a great place to work. Our professional work environment involves working alongside the best and the brightest accounting and information technology professionals, and a well-defined career track with long-term growth opportunities. RFS also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance subsidies up to 80%, Work + Life Fit options, 401(k) with company match, and educational reimbursements.