The Tax Partner will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. In addition, the Tax Partner will work with the Tax Manager to train, supervise and mentor team staff members and assist with special projects and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate basic knowledge of clients’ businesses.
- Assist clients on tax planning and manage tax planning implementation.
- Assist or advise clients on how to avert tax risks
- Assist or advise clients on how to manage tax burdens
- Identify factors that may lead to tax risks
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Manage the RFS Tax Manager to coordinate the activities of the tax team or department.
- Review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate and exempt organizations.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Ensure that the department renders quality tax services to businesses and individual clients.
- Work closely with the staff and managers of other key RFS departments.
- Network with other professionals in the field to remain up-to-date with changes in tax laws and trends.
- Schedule and delegate activities among the employees on the team.
- Train and supervise staff, reviews and evaluate their work.
- Masters degree in taxation (preferred).
- CPA license.
- 10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
- Tax audit experience.
- Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Research proficiency.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in ProSystem FX, BNA and MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals and businesses.
What RFS is looking for: A proactive, disciplined and aspiring leader with strong communication, management and technical competencies to lead the timely and accurate delivery of tax services for RFS’ clients. Candidates are extremely technically and systems-savvy, thrive while meeting challenging deadlines, enjoy problem solving, and aspire to continually grow within the company.
What You’ll Get with RFS: RFS is passionate about serving our clients and is dedicated to being a great place to work for our many talented employees. Our professional work environment involves working alongside the best and the brightest accounting and information technology professionals, and a well-defined career track with long-term growth opportunities. RFS also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance subsidies up to 80%, Work + Life Fit options, 401(k) with company match and educational reimbursements.